• Ezekiel
  • Ezekiel's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #344 by Ezekiel
Ezekiel created the topic: Some errors at our SimpleCalendar installation
Hello,
we testing SimpleCalendar at our new joomla site and I have some questions:

If you look at the site:
1) There is some text: "COM_SIMPLECALENDAR_SUBCATEGORIES_LABEL:" and i don't know what that mean and probably don't want it.
2) I typed some intro text at configuration, but the intro text is not on the website... What is wrong?
3) I would like to see Categories (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Lt, ...) with short intro text ....and after that list of events... Is it possible?

That would be all... Everything else is perfect! Many thx to coder for this plugin! :)

Best regards,
Matěj Škarka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #345 by admin
admin replied the topic: Some errors at our SimpleCalendar installation

Ezekiel wrote: 1) There is some text: "COM_SIMPLECALENDAR_SUBCATEGORIES_LABEL:" and i don't know what that mean and probably don't want it.

It's a missing translation . You can deactivate the subcategories view in the settings of SimpleCalendar or the menu.

2) I typed some intro text at configuration, but the intro text is not on the website... What is wrong?

Probably this error. Either apply the proposed fix, or wait until we release SC 3.1 which will deal with a better solution for this problem.

3) I would like to see Categories (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Lt, ...) with short intro text ....and after that list of events... Is it possible?

Yes, you can add text to the categories and if you display these categories the text is displayed in the intro.

Thanks for the kind words, and best regards
Fabrizio
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezekiel

• Ezekiel
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #346 by Ezekiel
Ezekiel replied the topic: Some errors at our SimpleCalendar installation
1) Yes, it is a missing string in Czech version. I fixed that. Thank you :)

2) I will try it when i will have access to phpmyAdmin, thx! :)
->17/10/2013 - 12:21 -> So no, i tried this fix and the intro text to whole events structure is still none even when i wrote it in configuration.

3) I think that you don't understand. I would like to have something like on attachment New-web-2 (now it's looks like New-web-1 )
Is it possible by some options ? Or if i need to do that by changing the code, which file i need to change?
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Ezekiel. Reason: Update 2)

• Ezekiel
More
4 years 1 month ago #356 by Ezekiel
Ezekiel replied the topic: Some errors at our SimpleCalendar installation
Is it possible to help me with 2 and 3 before your update? My boss don't want to wait this long.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #357 by admin
admin replied the topic: Some errors at our SimpleCalendar installation

Ezekiel wrote: My boss don't want to wait this long.

This must be a joke... I'm sorry for your boss, but this is a past-time, donation-funded project, not a custom (and paid) work. Please note that being freeware AND open-source (GPLv3!), you are entitled to do all the changes you want to SimpleCalendar, even re-sell it if you like. Just don't expect me to work for your boss - I already have a full-time job (and no, it's not SC), plus a family, and other hobbies.

1) Ok :) If you care to help in the translation process, here you find all the relevant information .

2) Still don't get what's wrong. Where did you write sth and what is the expected outcome?

3) It is probably possible with a template override, you'll need to code it yourself though as this is not part of SimpleCalendar. Here's a quick guide on how overrides work, they also work for SimpleCalendar.

Best regards
Fabrizio
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by admin.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds