User accidentally deleted

• Randolph
  • Randolph's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #338 by Randolph
Randolph created the topic: User accidentally deleted
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and use SimpleCalendar for a few days now an I think it is a great and very useful Joomla extension.

My problem is that I have accidentally deleted a user who has created a large number of events in the calendar.
Of course I can create a new user for him but the new user has a different user ID !
Now when I click on the events that this user created with the old user account I get a warning that the user cannot be found, which is annoying. How can I get rid of this warning ? It would really be a lot of work to delete recreate all the calendar events.
I thought that there might be a possibility in the Backend to change the creator of an event, but it seems not to be possible.
Can I somwhow change the creator of the events (PHP Database?) to match the new user ID?

Joomla 3.1.5 / PHP 5.4.17 / SimpleCalendar 3.0.10
Any help would be highly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randolph
  • Randolph's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #339 by Randolph
Randolph replied the topic: User accidentally deleted
Hi Folks,

I have found the place in the SQL Database where the creator of the calender event is stored.
You can use phpmyadminto make changes to your SQL database.
It is always a good idea to make a backup of your SQL database before you do changes like this.

So this is how you can change the ID of the creator:
Use phpmyadmin, click on the database of your website and look for the "xxxxx_simplecalendar" entry.
Click on "xxxxx_simplecalendar".
There you have all calender event entries in the window on the right side.
Hit the Edit button of the entry that you want to change.
You will see all fields of the calender entry in the window on the right side.
When you scroll down you get to the fields "created_by" (and also "modified_by" in case you want to also change that entry).
There you enter the desired ID and then scroll further down to the end of the page where you should see pulldown menues which are set to "save" + "go back". Hit the OK button at the very end of the page and you are done!

That solved my problem, no warnings any more :-)

cheers
Randolph
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by admin. Reason: No need to disclose DB table prefixes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds