some findings...

• chrizzbee
  • chrizzbee's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #240 by chrizzbee
chrizzbee created the topic: some findings...
ciao fabrizio

first of all: you have done a very good work with your calendar. it's easy to use and well crafted. compliment!
i use 3.0.6 on j3.1.

the following i have found:
  • it seems not be possible to filter/search for the organisator. is this desired? how can it be activated?
  • if i enter additional data on the organisator like address, fon, etc. this will not show up on frontend. only webpage link icon works.
  • should there not be a drop-down menu for categories when not in list mode? or is the search/filter field the only option to browse categories?
  • when selecting more columns for the eventlist, you need to save twice. the first save does not consider the column name you select. only upon the second save it stays
  • dunno if this is an editor problem: when i copy/paste entries from another j-article (paras, list items, links, etc.) to the "more information" pane of an event, the content gets lost upon save. only when i truly enter my data from hand it stays.

would be nice if you could comment on the above. thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #241 by konny
konny replied the topic: some findings...

chrizzbee wrote: ciao fabrizio

the following i have found:
(...)

• if i enter additional data on the organisator like address, fon, etc. this will not show up on frontend. only webpage link icon works.
  • (...)

Quick and dirty solution :cheer:
    I have put additional data also in the entry. Then it was shown up in the frontend.

More
    4 years 3 months ago #250 by admin
    admin replied the topic: some findings...

chrizzbee wrote:

• it seems not be possible to filter/search for the organisator. is this desired? how can it be activated?

Not possible at this time, I am working on a filtering system (drop-down) on the list view, but it's still early.

Can't confirm, even withouth additional data my test install shows e-mail, fone, and address.

• should there not be a drop-down menu for categories when not in list mode? or is the search/filter field the only option to browse categories?

See reply to (1).

• when selecting more columns for the eventlist, you need to save twice. the first save does not consider the column name you select. only upon the second save it stays

Are you sure you are working with the latest version? This has been corrected some time ago. Latest is 3.0.6.

• dunno if this is an editor problem: when i copy/paste entries from another j-article (paras, list items, links, etc.) to the "more information" pane of an event, the content gets lost upon save. only when i truly enter my data from hand it stays.

Can't confirm. Copy-pasted many "Lorem-ipsum" texts without problems while testing...

would be nice if you could comment on the above. thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
    chris.

Hope that this replies to your questions.

Fabrizio

• chrizzbee
    More
    4 years 3 months ago #264 by chrizzbee
    chrizzbee replied the topic: some findings...
    hi fabrizio

thanks for your replies. i am looking forward to the next releases with better filtering :-)

when selecting more columns for the eventlist, you need to save twice. the first save does not consider the column name you select. only upon the second save it stays

i am using 3.0.6

dunno if this is an editor problem: when i copy/paste entries from another j-article (paras, list items, links, etc.) to the "more information" pane of an event, the content gets lost upon save. only when i truly enter my data from hand it stays.

sorry, this seems to be a problem related to the chrome browser. i had it with other issues as well that when you copy/paste from within the RTE, not everything is taken over/or copied wrongly. using firefox does the job.

i'll check again on the addtional info part. maybe i did something wrong there.
    greez
    chris.

• chrizzbee
    More
    4 years 3 months ago #266 by chrizzbee
    chrizzbee replied the topic: some findings...
    ciao fabrizio

i have to reply once again. the issue is still with the copy/paste of content in the information area of an event. it seems the editor can not save content as it is entered and deletes/scrambles portions of the content upon save. first i thought it is related to chrome but it isn't. then i thought it's the editor. but with every one i have installed, it's happening.

do this:
    in the information area of an event, create a link to an article with the joomla add-article-button at the bottom of the editor. now copy and paste this entry a few times to new rows. save and go back to the info area. the content should be scrambled. as i have figured out, the scrambling occurs mostly when inserting hyperlinks, either to a file, a website or a joomla article or menu.

see also my screenshots:

i hope you are able to replicate. play around and you should find out.
    thanks for looking into this.

greez
    chris.

This message has attachments images.
    Please log in or register to see it.

More
    4 years 3 months ago #270 by admin
    admin replied the topic: some findings...
    This is always the same problem about the length of the Description field. Will be (finally!) covered with the next release, 3.0.8, hopefully this afternoon if I can find a little time to put it together.

Fabrizio

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds