Extra Fields removal

More
4 years 5 months ago #200 by Binzz
Binzz created the topic: Extra Fields removal
Thank you for your reply for my earlier post. Now may i know how to delete or add extra input fields in events add page. For eg: how can i remove google maps field or id field if i don't require it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #201 by admin
admin replied the topic: Extra Fields removal

Binzz wrote: Thank you for your reply for my earlier post. Now may i know how to delete or add extra input fields in events add page. For eg: how can i remove google maps field or id field if i don't require it.

You cannot 'delete' or 'add' extra fields to SimpleCalendar, that's why it's "simple" ;)
Here's what you can do:
  1. If you don't use a field, it will not be displayed in the frontend
  2. You can have up to two custom fields. Define their label in the Settings page, and they will show up in the form
  3. The "additional information" box holds HTML and rich-text information

Best regards
Fabrizio

More
4 years 5 months ago #202 by Binzz
Binzz replied the topic: Extra Fields removal
Pardon please. I did not understand your first point mentioned above......Can you please explain that?

More
4 years 5 months ago #203 by admin
admin replied the topic: Extra Fields removal

Binzz wrote: Can you please explain that?

Sure.

Let's say you have no "Contact name" for the event you're editing. If you don't write anything in "Contact name", the corresponding fields will not be displayed in the frontend (event detail) view. That's true for most of the fields, including maps, users, price, etc. If you don't use the map, just don't select it. If you do, click on "remove map data" to purge all data related to the map, and the map won't be displayed in frontend.

Fabrizio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Binzz

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds