Add to calendar

• hgdc
  • hgdc's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #127 by hgdc
hgdc replied the topic: Add to calendar
OK. I created another site and start adding extension that I used, testing it on the way. I think the culprit is Akeeba back up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hgdc
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #128 by hgdc
It wasn't the Akeebaba Backup

I played with the ics files. Replacing the fields from working one (from your demo site) to none working one

UID:@simplecalendar-Demo worked.

UID:@simplecalendar-Mojoso didn't
shortening it to
UID:@simplecalendar-Mojo worked.

Changed the site name to Mojo from Mojosa and the site works.

So I am thinking that there is a limit to how many characters 'UID:' can have. Haven't got a clue what the next step is though!!

OK. That wasn't it either, it only works once or twice on iOS and on androids it shows the contents of the .ics file. Something is not right with .ics that being generated. I am using event.css and events css to hide the buttons to save my sanity.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by hgdc.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #129 by admin
admin replied the topic: Add to calendar
UID should contain some sort of key... Will need to have a look at it soon :)
Next version will have backend switches to turn the buttons on and off without having to fiddle with CSS.

Fabrizio
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hgdc

• hgdc
More
4 years 5 months ago #132 by hgdc
Thanks, Fabrizio. My uneducated guess is this, at least as far as the iPhone and iPad is concerned. UID is not unique enough for each event when, for example - in my case, it is for the same music duo at the same venue, different days. The .ics file comes as a whole day event. So on first try it might work, but on second try - iCal says you are busy that day - I won't let you add anything to that day. You will notice on the previous pictures attached - image from my site shows extra fields - calendar and busy - but not 'add to calendar button'. So messing around with UID in the .ics file fooled the iOS thinking this was another event.

It would be nice touch if it worked all the time with event times etc - but it is great piece of component even without it.

If I may make couple of suggestions - it would be nice to be able to assign a url as an option to the back button. For example, when people come to the site from Facebook shared individual event the back button does nothing as it is (nothing to go back to) - it will make sense when they click on it if they went on to a full listing of events. However that is easy to hack.

Second one is not to have a limit in event 'informations' - html for two pictures is all it can take at the moment. I saw a posting about it somewhere - saying there is no limit now in 3.0.4 - but I still have the limitation and I never had the previous version installed. Unless they were talking about some other field.

Thanks, it is a component and would use validated versions on my other sites eventually.

More
4 years 5 months ago #133 by admin
Try 3.0.5 uploaded now and report, may be that I found out why this is happening
Fabrizio

More
4 years 5 months ago #134 by admin

hgdc wrote: If I may make couple of suggestions - it would be nice to be able to assign a url as an option to the back button. For example, when people come to the site from Facebook shared individual event the back button does nothing as it is (nothing to go back to) - it will make sense when they click on it if they went on to a full listing of events. However that is easy to hack.

Yes but it's not always easy to know where to go "back". I edited an event and saved, now I see the detail of the event. Where should I go "back"? To the list (which one? category? full?)? To the form? I may remove the button altogether, since articles and other content items do not have one.

hgdc wrote: Second one is not to have a limit in event 'informations' - html for two pictures is all it can take at the moment. I saw a posting about it somewhere - saying there is no limit now in 3.0.4 - but I still have the limitation and I never had the previous version installed. Unless they were talking about some other field.

This limitation should have been eliminated as early as 3.0.2, but for some reason, it didn't. Try 3.0.5 and report if it's ok, thank you.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds