Add to calendar

• hgdc
  • hgdc's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #135 by hgdc
hgdc replied the topic: Add to calendar
OK. Report time.

On iPad and iPhone
The .ics file works first time around with correct start time etc - choosing a second event to add to calendar it shows a wrong event/ie first added event and says you are busy on that day!!. Not sure it is to do with iOS or vcal - now that we can switch this off it is not a big problem for me.

Description field still has restrictions checking the database it say VARCHAR (255) for the filed. Don't know enough to change that!!!

My suggestion for the back button url was to have it as an option. It works pretty well as it is - if you started looking the events on the site itself, and clicking on it takes you step back which is logical. However, for some sites, such as mine, if the event is shared via Facebook - people who come to site via Facebook only see that event - and there are no other means of seeing the full event listing - unless it is spelled out to them to click a link. So it would be up to site designer to either keep it as it is or assign a url to the back button. I wouldn't take it out - it works great, and it is hack-able to work it as I wanted to.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Button hiding for the events listing stopped working - not sure why.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by hgdc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hgdc
  • hgdc's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #147 by hgdc
hgdc replied the topic: Add to calendar
OK. Another update: Didn't realise there is hide/show buttons on the menu as well for the print and calendar icons.

But, the varchar (255) exist for the Description field even on a new site that I installed the latest version with no prior installations.

More
4 years 5 months ago #149 by admin
admin replied the topic: Add to calendar

hgdc wrote: OK. Another update: Didn't realise there is hide/show buttons on the menu as well for the print and calendar icons.

Yes they are new in 3.0.5

hgdc wrote: But, the varchar (255) exist for the Description field even on a new site that I installed the latest version with no prior installations.

I will have to dig deeper into the installation script(s), since this information is there since 3.0.2. Thanks for reporting.

Fabrizio

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #219 by PhilJ
PhilJ replied the topic: Add to calendar
Hi,

...Thanks for this great program!

About description length : same problem encountered with a fresh 3.0.6 version = after installation, the description length is limited to 255 characters :oops:

=> Solved by changing 'description' field type in the database from PhpMyAdmin: new type setting = text (with no length limit) — like was the 'entryInfo' field type in SimpleCalendar for Joomla 1.5.

Now everything is OK :)

PhilJ
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by PhilJ.

More
4 years 4 months ago #220 by admin
admin replied the topic: Add to calendar
This should be done by the install / upgrade system...

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds