Event Description word/character limit?

• hemiweb
  • hemiweb's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #105 by hemiweb
hemiweb created the topic: Event Description word/character limit?
This component does much of what my site requires and I plan to purchase a validation key.

I've installed the current version (Simple Calendar 3.0.4) on a copy of Joomla 3.1.1. However, when I create an event, the description text truncates somewhere around 99 characters.

I see that the component installer SQL table instructions generate the 'description' field as type= varchar(255). I also see a change to this table type to 'mediumtext' in version 3.0.2 update, but this change was not successful for me (or in several cases where I have tested it).

I have worked around it by manually altering the '_simplecalendar' table field 'description' to type = 'mediumtext' to reflect the change and now can add event descriptions successfully.

But I'm curious why this version update failed and if anyone else has encountered this problem?

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #108 by admin
admin replied the topic: Event Description word/character limit?
Since 3.0.4 the update should now trigger the update SQL instructions. There was an instruction missing in the install script.
Try reinstalling 3.0.4 (over the existing 3.0.4, or uninstalling it first ---> warning: data will be lost!), and it should update correctly.

Fabrizio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds