Recurr event not working

• mcanonic
  • mcanonic's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 14 hours ago #972 by mcanonic
mcanonic created the topic: Recurr event not working
HI,
I have an evet that occurs any monday. I set the inital date, the end date, and add occurency every 1 week.
Everything seems ok, but when I save these settings and I re-open the event, the recurring set gets lost.
Did it work to you guys?
Thanks,
M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #978 by admin
admin replied the topic: Recurr event not working
This is as designed - it's a "lazy" recurrence that lets you quickly create multiple events. These events are completely unaware that they are created as recurrent events. I have stated many times on why I don't want recurring events to be a thing in SC.
Best regards
F.

• mcanonic
  • mcanonic's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 week 3 days ago #982 by mcanonic
mcanonic replied the topic: Recurr event not working
Sorry, I did not get your statement (I searched in this forum by "recur" before posting my previous message).

Do if I understand correctly, with recur option, SC will generate N different events (with N as the number of occurrences). I have set an event as showed in this screenshot (I have an event every monday) with recur each 1 week, but it seems not working: I only get the first occurence.

Screenshot:
ibb.co/nhpzcb

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Massimo
(btw, maybe you should add "end day" label in the form)

More
1 week 3 days ago #983 by admin
admin replied the topic: Recurr event not working
I think you misunderstood the meaning of the "End recurrence after" box. It only means that the system should stop the creation of similar events after a given amount of iterations. The "End recur after" is equivalent to your "N" value: it means that an event will have "n" copies that are created on a daily/weekly/monthly (depending on the value of the checkbox) schedule. In your screenshot you have the value of "1", which means that the event (which BTW spans over multiple days, not sure this is as you intended!) will be copied 1 time, and that's what's happening (correctly).
I stated that it is a "lazy" recurrence, it basically means that you create the first event (let's say "Monday 13.11.2017 from 08:00 to 12:00") and you want it to be weekly and to last 1 month: In the recurring event settings you put "weekly" in the "recur every" box and "4" in the "end recurrence after" box, because you want 4 events, one per week. SC will then create 4 independent events that are saved weekly from the first event (13.11.2017) to the last one, one month later.
Please note that the recurring events are created as independent: if you move the first (or one in between), nothing happens to the other events - this is "by design" in that it's "lazy" (and simple, at least for me to manage).
One day I might get back to this feature and do it properly; for now this is what's available and it fits most needs (and - in my opinion - exceeds the needs for a "simple" calendar).
Hope to have clarified the issue.
Best regards
F.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds