Permissions and Categories not working correctly

• Smarty
  • Smarty's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #843 by Smarty
Smarty created the topic: Permissions and Categories not working correctly
I have set up a calendar with multiple categories and users with user groups matching those categories. The idea is, that users of a certain user group can see all categories and events but can only create and update events within a certain category.

So, how did I configure it? Within the general options of the SimpleCalendar component I granted administration rights to all user groups (to gain access to the component) but denied create, edit and delete rights. The, within the categories configuration, I granted create and edit rights for the corresponding user group to each category.

While the edit rights worked for the category, users of those user groups did not see the "create" button and could therefore not create any event.

So I tried something different - I granted general create rights to all user groups, but removed them again on a category base (except for the corresponding category).

As a result the users could see the "create" button and could create events - but for each category. Once it was created though, it couldn't be updated (save for the corresponding category).

Obviously, the create permissions on category level do not work correctly. Can you confirm that and possibly fix it? Or in case I missed something - point me to the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Tobias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #845 by admin
admin replied the topic: Permissions and Categories not working correctly
I will have to check each use case and that might take some time, but I can confirm I haven't given much priority to the permission settings since it should be a simple calendar... :) Thanks for the tests though, and if you can share some screenshots of your actual settings that'd be awesome, so that I can replicate the issue.

Fabrizio

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #952 by peterspieg1
peterspieg1 replied the topic: Permissions and Categories not working correctly
Hi Smarty, did you got this to function properly?
I have added the rights to the user, but it seems impossible to let an user create new events.
The button is simply missing, although the right are ok.

Regards, Peter

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds