Simple Calendar 3.1 feedback

• andras
  • andras's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #757 by andras
andras created the topic: Simple Calendar 3.1 feedback
Good to see that Simple Calendar got a new release. Thank you very much!!

I came across two small errors after the update:
1. When using the search box to filter events the "X" button does not reset or empty the field.
2. When editing an existing event without an end date I've got an error message: "Das End-Datum liegt vor dem Beginn-Datum". Entering a new event without a end-date is without any problems. Just when editing the event again, the message is display and one cannot save the event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #759 by admin
admin replied the topic: Simple Calendar 3.1 feedback

andras wrote: 1. When using the search box to filter events the "X" button does not reset or empty the field.

I see, and as an added "bonus", it doesn't show at all in the front-end... Will check.

2. When editing an existing event without an end date I've got an error message: "Das End-Datum liegt vor dem Beginn-Datum". Entering a new event without a end-date is without any problems. Just when editing the event again, the message is display and one cannot save the event.

Came across this problem once, but was unable to track down. WIll check again: is this front- or backend?

Thanks
Fabrizio

• andras
More
1 year 6 months ago #762 by andras
andras replied the topic: Simple Calendar 3.1 feedback
It's in the backend.
My setup: Joomla 3.5.1 PHP 5.6.21

More
1 year 6 months ago #763 by admin
Uhmmmm... Doesn't happen here. May it be that you were editing events created with SC prior to 3.1.0?

• andras
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #765 by andras
andras replied the topic: Simple Calendar 3.1 feedback
I've tried again, but with the same result. Entering a new event without a start time and end date/end time without problems. Opening the same event and just trying to save: failure with the mention error message. I have attached a screen-shot from the database with the two last entries.
I was wondering if the "50:00:00" in the time field maybe the issue. I am sure that I did enter anything in the time field at "test2"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by andras.

More
1 year 6 months ago #768 by admin

I was wondering if the "50:00:00" in the time field maybe the issue

Actually no, "50:00:00" is the correct way to represent an "empty time" (since 'null' was creating problems when saving, and '00:00:00' doesn't work for obvious reasons).
Will keep on looking for the problem, but I tried various settings in both front- and backend but can't duplicate it (although I remember having it happening at the very beginning of working with SC 3.1.x)
Fabrizio

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds