Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar

• Lucian
  • Lucian's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by Lucian
Lucian created the topic: Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar
Hey Fabrizio,

I have completed the Dutch translation files and want to check the translation before i approve them in Transifex. I've downloaded and installed SimpleCalendar on a test Joomla. All language settings are in dutch but i won't get SimpleCalendar in Dutch. Or do i have to download my Dutch translated files from Transifex and add them in a SimpleCalendar Folder?

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by admin
admin replied the topic: Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar
Will check the files. not everything is in SimpleCalendar just yet, my intent is to focus on installation and template compatibility now.

More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by IT-grufti
IT-grufti replied the topic: Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar
Hey Patrick,

Lucian wrote: All language settings are in dutch but i won't get SimpleCalendar in Dutch.

Did you really get no frontent or backend view of SimpleCalendar in Dutch? I found in my installation a nl-NL folder with content in it. Or do you miss your actual (last) translations?

Rolf

• Lucian
More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by Lucian
Lucian replied the topic: Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar
Rolf,

I did not have the time to take an look at the frontend view. I've seen de dutch translated files in the SimpleCalendar Folders, updated or not doesn't matter right now. It seems that some parts are translated and other (the most parts) not. For example:

In my Joomla menu i'll go to Components -> SimpleCalender i'll get a drop-down menu, with the translated choices of SimpleCalende (Calender, Categories, Organizors, Settings). These 4 options are perfectly translated but when you go to for example "Settings" everything is in english again.

• Lucian
More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by Lucian
Lucian replied the topic: Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar
Seen untill now,

========================
Transifex Translation files
========================

- Headerinformation for all languages the same, Headers information of the dutch, german and italian language files do all have en-GB and english translation as info.

; en-GB.com_simplecalendar.ini
; SimpleCalendar
; Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Fabrizio Albonico, All rights reserved.
; License www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html GNU/GPL
; Note : All ini files need to be saved as UTF-8 - No BOM

; English translation (frontend)

I've tried to download the files, changes them and upload the changed files back to transifex, It seems that Header info will not be changed by this So i think a Transifex Porject administrator will have to change this?

- If corrected it may be an good idea to also ad the purpose of the file (as seen in the fronted file) where after the text Englis translation the purpose (frontend) is mentioned.

========================
Backend
========================

- Google Maps - Center setting will nog be saved, after saving and reopening map the center is back on Lugano. Also on the add event page.

More
4 years 6 months ago #8 by admin
admin replied the topic: Dutch Translation SimpleCalendar
It appears that the header information is not translatable through transifex. I will check the individual files once I download the translations and copy them to the correct INI files... Should not impact the translations in ANY way, these are only comments.
; en-GB.com_simplecalendar.ini
; SimpleCalendar
; Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Fabrizio Albonico, All rights reserved.
; License www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html GNU/GPL
; Note : All ini files need to be saved as UTF-8 - No BOM

; English translation (frontend)

Please put your site into Language Debug mode and report any language translation errors, as if no translation appears it is likely to be an error in the translation itself, which Joomla now refuses to load altogether.

Please open a new thread for all other bug reports, many thanks.

Fabrizio

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds