• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 4 months ago #645 by admin
admin created the topic: Work resumed on SC for 3.1.x
Hello everyboy,
just to let you all know that today I resumed working on SimpleCAlendar in an effort to correct all the problems that have since been notified.
As you all know, I have been pretty busy with some work projects, most of which are now well on track, and recent private commitments that I have given up for the sake of more free time (and - as a result - SimpleCalendar!). Sorry for those patiently waiting for a life sign from me, here it is.
Next version will be SC 3.1.0 for the main component and all the plugins/modules. I will try to update all translations ( available on Transifex , it's now a good time to complete them if you still haven't done so!). SC 3.1.0 will be an update to the current SC.
I will browse through all the different topics that have been notified here and try to fix them all one by one.
Priorities:
- date/time management and formats
- "model not found" error (INPUT REQUIRED!)
- other smaller stuff
If you have special requests as to priority in fixing issues, please reply to this post.
I will NOT release betas in the process until most of the issues are fixed, so don't expect anything soon. I will try to revive the DEMO page and upload some builds there, for you to try out - but first let me get my head back into the project and start sorting issues out! :)
I'm happy to be back - hope that we will succeed in our quest for a true, simple, event management component.
See you soon
Fabrizio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 4 months ago #652 by admin
admin replied the topic: Work resumed on SC for 3.1.x
Best e-mail so far, from Alfred of Germany:

Hi Fabrizio,

I changed to JEM and I am very satisfied with this great component! It's perfekt for me and I think there ist long way for you to reach the JEM-Level.

Greetings from Gie├čen, Germany
Alfred

Thank you Alfred for your comment.
EventList (and subsequently JEM, when EL was discontinued) has always been one of my favourites and in many occasions I pointed out that some functions (recurring events, sign-up, etc.) were not available in SC but were in EL.
But: EL/JEM does a LOT more than SC will ever do. and I'm happy to say that I don't strive to reach JEM-Level; in fact, SC was born just out of this fact! People who don't need all the stuff EL/JEM provides will be more than happy with SC (once it will be finished).
Thank you nonetheless for your insight, Alfred. And happy Joomlaing!
F.

More
2 years 4 months ago #658 by IT-grufti
IT-grufti replied the topic: Work resumed on SC for 3.1.x
Hi Fabrizio,

welcome back to the SimpleCalendar Community :) .

To the statement of Alfred:
Don't forget the "Simple" in the product name of SimpleCalendar! In software development it's a good strategy to keep it as simple as possible.

Have a good time!

Rolf

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 4 months ago #659 by admin
admin replied the topic: Work resumed on SC for 3.1.x

IT-grufti wrote: welcome back to the SimpleCalendar Community :) .

Got to love you irony, Rolf...

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds