Using SimpleCalendar with U.S. style dates?

• openstretch
  • openstretch's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #616 by openstretch
openstretch created the topic: Using SimpleCalendar with U.S. style dates?
I've been going around and around with this all afternoon and I can't figure out how exactly to get SimpleCalendar to use and output U.S. style dates ( mm-dd-yyyy ) instead of the default dd.mm.yyyy.

No matter how I adjust the 'Backend Date Default', 'short date format' and 'long date format' the code simply doesn't want to treat the saved values other than if they were in dd.mm.yyyy format.

Also, why is the 'long date format' linked to the date-picker box on the admin screens? This causes validation errors if you have the long format set to anything other than either standard d.m.Y or m.d.Y styles.

Can anyone shed some light on how to adjust these dates for other date styles?
The following user(s) said Thank You: theHostman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #636 by theHostman
theHostman replied the topic: Using SimpleCalendar with U.S. style dates?
Thank you openstretch for initiating this topic. Wish I had an answer for you.

I am also having this same problems with the date formatting. Am I missing something here? I really like the simplicity of the component, but my client really needs the date in the US format, but I cannot get it to work. Would sure appreciate some support here.

Changing the date format in settings works for events that are already published, but will not publish new events in any other format than d.m.Y or d.m (short form).

Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by theHostman. Reason: able to provide more details of the problem.

• openstretch
  • openstretch's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #637 by openstretch
openstretch replied the topic: Using SimpleCalendar with U.S. style dates?
Wow, I'd forgotten I posted here about this issue. As no one ever got back to me on this I tried some different things, one of which was having the outputted dates re-written and formatted (outside of SimpleCalendar using NoNumber's 'Rereplacer' and some regular expression formulas) That was cumbersome but did the trick.

No one ever responded to this post. I have since moved on to another calendar component.

More
2 years 4 months ago #648 by admin
admin replied the topic: Using SimpleCalendar with U.S. style dates?
Solved and available in next version.
Best regards
Fabrizio
The following user(s) said Thank You: theHostman

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds