Date creation problems

• Jayjee
  • Jayjee's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #527 by Jayjee
Jayjee created the topic: Date creation problems
Hello,

I changed under "SimpleCalendar - Configuration"
the long date format (! not the backend date format) - which lead to display the date in the list view as I intended (mostly, more about it down).
BUT - since then I am not able to create a new event with a date.
When I choose a date by clicking on the calendar icon and manouvring in the calender, it reverts to 11.10.1970.
When I manually input the date (e.g. 29.03.2015) , the same hapens.
Has it something to do with the warnings that always appear on next to the start date in the event creation (see image)?

I understood that "Backend date format" in the configuration should affect this behaviour, but not "Long Date format", which goes to the frontend?

The small thing that is not working is that the capitalization of the months names is not consistent in Danish, and Danish only. German and English are working well (well, everything being capitalized as it should :cheer: ), but in Danish, some long (complete) month names are capitalized (shouldn't be) and some small month names (three-letter represenation) are capitalized - but not the same ones!.

Hoping for help... :)
Regards,
Jan

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #534 by admin
admin replied the topic: Date creation problems
As stated often on this site, Warnings are not errors and - while they are obnoxious - you can and should turn them off in the Debug settings of your standard Joomla installation.

Check in Global Configuraton > Server > Error Reporting. Should be "no" for a live site.

Best regards
Fabrizio

• Jayjee
  • Jayjee's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #538 by Jayjee
Jayjee replied the topic: Date creation problems
The warning is not in the frontend, it is in the backend when creating or editing an event.
I don't care about the warning as such - it was meant as a hint about what could be wrong.
What bothers me is, when i change in SimpleCalender settings the frontend long date format, creating / editing events is messing up the date. It always resets to 01.10.1970.
(The format I have used in the long date setting is d. F Y which results in the desired display on the website.

I just tried to enter the date in the event editing conforming to this syntax (e.g. 02. February 2015 and two things happend after save: in the date field, there was written 02.F 2015 (sic!), but the date got accepted.
It is just of little use, because when re-editing the event, you need to fill in the date again, because this 02.F 2015 does not conform to the date format and gets reset to 1.10.1970 again.
So it seems to be some confusion on backend & frontend date format? Or am I misinterpreting something?

Regards,
Jan

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds