Status - Published / Unpublished

More
4 years 1 month ago #400 by PhilJ
PhilJ created the topic: Status - Published / Unpublished
Hi Fabrizio,

I encoutered two problems. Both affecting the status 'Published' / 'Unpublished' of the events.
  1. A backoffice admin with status 'Administrator' cannot change the status 'Published' of the events, nor its own, nor events created by others, Of course, the rights are defined in SimpleCalendar settings: all are set to 'Authorized' (= not only 'Modify the status'), so the system says: 'Authorized (Superadministrator)'. Despite this configuration, the status remains gray and impossible to change (and same thing in the events list). The only one who can change the status is the Superadministrator.
  2. Sending a proposition works well, but the default status of the submission is 'Published'. I think it should be better with a 'Unpublished' default status, so the admin can approve or not the proposition.

These two problems are annoying, because in this case, the submissions are sent from the frontend to the administrator, who can't change the status of the event to 'Unpublish'.

Have you any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PhilJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #401 by admin
admin replied the topic: Status - Published / Unpublished
Sounds like a bug, will investigate it prior to releasing the new version
Fabrizio

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #403 by admin
admin replied the topic: Status - Published / Unpublished

PhilJ wrote:

1. A backoffice admin with status 'Administrator' cannot change the status 'Published' of the events, nor its own, nor events created by others, Of course, the rights are defined in SimpleCalendar settings: all are set to 'Authorized' (= not only 'Modify the status'), so the system says: 'Authorized (Superadministrator)'. Despite this configuration, the status remains gray and impossible to change (and same thing in the events list). The only one who can change the status is the Superadministrator.

I tried this on my installation and did not experience this problem. It might be due to the fact that there have been some changes to the design of the component in recent times. Might be useful to wait for 3.1.0 (shortly...), and report back.
This is my settings page for "Administrator":

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

1. Sending a proposition works well, but the default status of the submission is 'Published'. I think it should be better with a 'Unpublished' default status, so the admin can approve or not the proposition.

It is now checked that if "Frontend approve" is enabled, the event is created with the Unpublished flag. Will be available with the next update.

Fabrizio

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds