Feature request: Category color (like in J!1.5)

• fewe407
  • fewe407's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #384 by fewe407
fewe407 created the topic: Feature request: Category color (like in J!1.5)
Ciao Fabrizio!

It's very nice to see that SC is back and works with the latest Joomla! release out there. I've been testing SC 3.x since version 3.0.3 and it is very good not to say much better than the version we are using. As of today we are still using a J!1.5 installation for www.sckreuzlingen.ch with SimpleCalendar as an important part of our service to the site visitors but I hope we can switch to a new version rather soon. In order to do that, I want to make sure that as many details as possible can be migrated into a Joomla 3.x website.
One of these details is the category color in SC. It has been very useful to have the category color in the event list because the visitor could better recognize what category an event belonged to.
Unfortunately, this feature doesn't appear in SC 3.x and my question is: Is there any possibility to include this feature in a future release of SC?

Grazie e tanti saluti!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #387 by admin
admin replied the topic: Feature request: Category color (like in J!1.5)
Hi 'fewe407',
I know... :) SC 3.x uses Joomla's standard Category manager, where I haven't yet found a way to add custom fields without the need of hacking the core of Joomla... If it will be possible one day, most surely the category colours will come back!
If anyone has hints on how to do it, I'm available!
Fabrizio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds