- Created: 02 January 2009
Italian abstract: SimpleCalendar è un componente calendario "inline" che permette di visualizzare una serie di eventi (su giorno singolo, su più giorni) sia in ordine cronologico, sia suddivisi per "categorie" liberamente definibili. È possibile anche definire "gruppi organizzatori" da cui rilevare le informazioni di contatto.
SimpleCalendar is a very basic and easy-to-use calendar component for the Joomla! Open Source CMS. It consists of two parts: the main component application, with both front- and backend views, and a module that shows the next calendar entries.
It was developed for the Lugano r/c model airplanes club's website and is suitable for all websites that need a simple, list-style calendar. The main advantage of list-style calendars is that the users need not search for a specific date span (e.g. month) to see the events, but they are presented in a single, paginated list. They can be ordered cronologically or by category.
This product is available free of any charge under GPLv3 licence, although a small donation is appreciated should you find it useful.
- Available for Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 3.0 (notfor Joomla 2.5 at this time)
- Customizable events
- Customizable event categories, that can also be ordered for importance.
- Frontend menu items can show a single category or all events (ordered by date or by category).
- Manage different Organizers with contact informations
- Contact information for single events or organizer are available.
- The component is fully integrated with Google Maps: event venues can be set with ease and visitors of your site can easily see where the event is taking place.
- Fully integrated vCal/iCal (V2.0) export and "online calendar" function - no need to synchronize your calendars anymore! Just link to the iCal server or download the auto-generated ".ics" file and let the site inform you about updated, moved, or cancelled events.
- The linked module "mod_simplecalendar" shows the next events to take place - easily placed on your website's frontpage or wherever you like.
Example of sites using SimpleCalendar: